You Need To Know
Four Basic Laws of God
There are four things you need to know for the benefit of your eternal welfare. Those things are:
1. God made the world, and he made us, so we are answerable to him for our actions. The day on which we will have to give an account of ourselves is called ‘The Day of Judgment’ (Matthew 12:36).
2. God is perfect in his moral character. He is sinless. He can not tolerate sin. That means all of mankind has fallen short of God’s standard and are liable to eternal punishment according to what their deeds deserve (Romans 3:23).
3. God has determined to save a large number of people from the consequences of their sins by means of someone who meets his perfect standard; Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).
4. Look to God for your salvation. Do not trust in your own religious works which can not meet God’s standard. Trust completely in (have faith in) Jesus Christ (the one God has sent) for your salvation (John 3:16).
The above points in detail
1. “... each of us will give an account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:12).
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.” (Hebrews 4:13).
Jesus said, “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.” (Matthew 12:36)
2. Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” The Bible says in another place, “... all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;...” (Isaiah 64:6). One theologian has described man's situation this way. "The best deeds of the best saint on earth will merit him nothing but death and destruction on Judgment Day. Only the righteous deeds of Christ meet God's standard".
3. “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6).
4. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16).
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
“For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.” (Romans 3:28).
The Bible is inspired by God. It is His message to mankind. Many have discovered God as they have read His book, the Bible. Lives are wonderfully transformed when the Spirit of God does his work. The Bible puts it this way, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Placing your faith in Jesus Christ is a matter between God and yourself. God brings people to a saving faith in Jesus Christ at a time and place of His choosing. That means you should call upon God to lead you to Jesus Christ. Don't rely on your own strength.
To read a story about three men who tried to find peace with God through various means of religious devotion, click on link.
Albany Creek 4035